Trainee Solicitor (Justice First Fellowship)
The post holder will have the opportunity to gain experience across our 4 centres of legal excellence:
- Scottish Refugee and Migrant Centre – working with women, children and families who are struggling to access their rights because of their refugee, asylum seeker or migrant legal status;
- Scottish Women’s Rights Centre – working with women who have been affected by abuse and violence in Scotland with the aim of improving their access to justice and experience of the justice system;
- Scottish Anti-Trafficking and Exploitation Centre – working with child and adult survivors of trafficking and exploitation, as well as serving as a hub for outreach, policy, training and research; and
- Scottish Just Law Centre – working with people in Scotland to challenge discriminatory policies and practices of public bodies and service providers with the aim of improving their access to justice.
All our centres require the application of human rights law, and a human rights-based approach to service delivery. The post holder will also work alongside our experienced team of human rights lawyers by contributing to our policy, training and research work through our hub JustRight For All.
Importantly, the post holder will have the opportunity to develop their own specialist legal project for JustRight Scotland working under the expert guidance and supervision of our management team.
|Job Title||Trainee Solicitor (Justice First Fellowship)|
Completed and passed (or expect to pass by 14 March 2024) the Diploma in Legal Practice/Professional Legal Practice (DLP/DPLP).
|Areas of Law||Immigration and Asylum, Violence Against Women, Human Rights and Equalities|
|Location||1/1, Libertas House, 39 St Vincent Place, Glasgow, G1 2ER|
|Starting Salary and Hours||£26,000-£29,000 p.a. and 35 hours per week|
|Organisational Benefits||– Comprehensive well-being support for all employees
– 37.5 days annual leave, inclusive of public holidays
– Flexible working arrangements
|Interview Dates||Interview Date 1: Tuesday 16 January 2024
Interview Date 2: Thursday 18 January 2024
For further information, please visit The Legal Education Foundation’s website.
Any questions regarding this position should be directed to email@example.com.
Each year we recruit a number of legal interns, as well as policy and communications interns to work with our team, as part of our commitment to providing training and opportunities for future social justice leaders.
We work with the University of Glasgow Law School and with The Robertson Trust Scholars programme to provide paid and unpaid internship opportunities. We also offer an annual dissertation placement to a student from the University of Edinburgh’s LLM in Human Rights.
We are not currently recruiting, but keep an eye on our website and social media to make sure you don’t miss out on our next recruitment round.
JustRight Pro Bono
We are grateful for the support of fellow solicitors, and other professionals, who have generously given their time and skills to further our work. We occasionally require specialist professional advice and services, are open to offers of assistance, or a proposal to collaborate on a specific piece of work.
To make enquiries about a pro bono project with us, please get in touch using our contact form.